Wisconsin's 1st Driving School!
Welcome! Arcade Drivers School is Wisconsin's first family owned and operated driving school and source of driver education giving high quality driving instruction in Milwaukee and surrounding areas at a great price for over 60 years.
We also offer the Temporary Instruction Permit Test at all our Milwaukee and area locations for students under 18 years of age!
To obtain an original (first) Class D instruction permit, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be at least 15 years and 6 months of age.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship, legal permanent resident status, conditional resident status or temporary visitor status.
- Provide proof of name and date of birth.
- Provide proof of identity.
- Provide proof of Wisconsin residency if you are 18 years of age or older.
- Provide your Social Security number (you can fulfill your proof of identity requirement by presenting your Social Security card).
- If under 18 years old, you must be enrolled in a certified driver education program. Your license application MV3001 must be signed by the instructor in the proper certification area and your first behind-the-wheel lesson must be conducted within 60 days of the issuance of your permit. Subsequently, if you wish to renew your permit, you must provide proof that you completed your driver education program.
- If under 18 years old, you must have the signature of a parent, step-parent, or other adult sponsor, or file proof of insurance under certain conditions.
- If under 18 years old, you must be enrolled in a school program or high school equivalency program, have graduated from high school or have been granted a declaration of high school graduation equivalency, or be enrolled in a home-based private education program, and not be a habitual truant.
- Pass the appropriate knowledge tests, sign and vision tests.
- Pay the appropriate driver licensing fees.
- Complete an application for a license - form MV3001